The TPA believes strongly in engaging with elected officials and community partners. We have a proud history of speaking on behalf of the membership and our profession municipally, provincially and federally. It is very important for Paramedics to have a voice to advocate on our various issues. The TPA is a recognized voice for the profession and has contributed to many great successes through this work. We are committed to continuing this important work and building closer relationships with our government officials and other community partners.
Some of the Lobbying efforts that the TPA has been involved in.
- Essential Service Status lobbying
- Presumptive legislation for occupational mental health injuries and PTSD with MPP Cheri Di Novo
- Advocating for more Toronto Paramedics and more ambulances on Toronto streets
- Working with MPP Frank Klees to make First Responders day a reality.
- Advocating for legislative changes related to violence against paramedics
- Anti drinking and driving
- Anti distracted driving campaign http://scenic.to/ontario-paramedics.html
- Paramedic self-regulation
- CPR and Public AED use
- Federal designation of Paramedics as public safety officers